This week I decided to simplify my values and establish my edges better. I started with the picture on the left. It has the angularity and the values are correct but of course the edges are too hard.
It took a number of tries but today I was able to synthesize what I worked on all week and paint the rose on the right . I think you will agree that there is growth between the two.
What I have learned so far:
No matter what you are working on ..a piano piece, writing a poem or cooking a fantastic meal the first attempts may be OK but if you continue to show up and practice things will improve and you can add to your knowledge base. Time on task is the only real
I am a watercolor coach, watercolorist, and author.